Tuesday, March 4, 2008

tuesday night embarrassment

For the past year or so I have been playing poker at a local bar every Tuesday night.  At first I was really bad ... because I had no idea how to play poker.  I would joke around with everyone at the table, and they would give me pointers and help me figure out how I should have played my hand.  It was nice ... no expectations for being good allowed me to really just enjoy playing poker and hanging out.  Then randomly, after a little experience I started playing pretty well...I would make it to the final table and a lot of the guys were "impressed".  But recently ... I don't know what happened, but I have started to play like crap.  I am super unconfident about my playing, I over analyze every move and even when I get cards I don't play them strong enough so I end up losing on the River.  To be honest ... I don't even know if I like playing poker at this bar anymore, yet for some reason I keep going week after week. 
What I really want to do is get a weekly (or maybe a twice monthly) game going with some friends.  It would be fun to just drink, hangout, and possibly win some money :) ... I think I will more actively recruit people to play poker and hopefully sometime soon I will get my game back and start to enjoy playing again.

1 comment:

Anna said...

I want to play poker! :)