Saturday, March 29, 2008

This week in brief.

Work has been stressful.  I spend most of my time "writing my thesis" but so far I am very unsatisfied with the product I have produced.  I want to give Dave my climatology chapter sometime early this week, so I have been working my ass off, but I am still pretty nervous about what he is going to say.
On Tuesday our softball team "the snoweaters" won our first game of the Spring season.  We beat the other team 17-0 ... go us!!!
I took Thursday off to go skiing with my friend Jamie at Copper.  It was a blast ... I think that I am right where I was when the ski season ended net year.  Next year I am going to get a pass and ski a lot more :)
Today Anna and I swam for 2 hours straight.  I swam a total of 4400 yards (exactly 2.5 miles!) and Anna swam 5500 yards (3.125 miles).  After swimming we had breakfast at Luciles ... it was amazing.  We had beignets, breakfast burritos, coffee and amazing buttery biscuts.  I love working out and then getting to pig out!
After swimming I came home and wrote a little before heading over to Katies house for a softball bbq.  All and all it was a good time and we came up with names for the backs of each of our team t-shirts.  We thought it was too boring to use our actual names so we came up with some pretty dorky nick names ... here are some examples:
Rachel (me) - "rmac", like bigmac i guess??
Jim - "Lord Kelvin"
Katie - "Perfect 2" - she is #2
Michelle - "Michilicious"
Kazuyo - "choo choo" - something funny that came up when playing train dominos
Nick - "sequesterer" - as in carbon sequestration!
I know this makes us pretty dorky ... but I think we are freaking awesome!
Tomorrow I am going to spend the whole day working... trying to finish up this chapter so that I can finally move on and do some more analysis!!

2 comments:

Anna said...

That is awesome, I definitely want to come up with something for my shirt.

Swimming was awesome yesterday! And, I'm working today, too, maybe at the Bean Cycle at some point. Good luck with the writing!

Anna said...

Rachel I wish you would update your blog. I'm bored.
:)