Sunday, March 9, 2008

random observations

I have finally started getting to know some of the people in the classes below me in the Atmos department at CSU and I have to say ... they rock!
Going to a friends birthday party on a Friday night, drinking some good beer and talking with friends is probably one of my top ten ways to spend an evening out. 
Waking up on a Saturday morning at 8:30am and heading to an amazing yoga class at 9:30 is the best way to start out the weekend.  
Breakfast has become my favorite meal of the day.  I wish that I lived in Boulder so that I could go to Burnt Toast or Sunflower every single weekend.  I love going out to breakfast, ordering a huge cup of coffee, eating an amazing European style breakfast and reading the paper.  I wish that there was a good crepe place in Fort Collins ... or a place where I could get a breakfast quiche and a salad :)
I tend to be very loud when I am in a group of people and sometimes I feel like I monopolize the conversation.  The sad part is that I really don't want to monopolize the conversation, because most people have significantly cooler/more exciting things to say that I do ... I just like to talk and I get over enthusiastic.  I have been trying to work on this ... but so far I have pretty much failed.  
I don't think that I could survive grad-school (and I know that I wouldn't have survived undergrad) without coffee shops.  Its one of my favorite ways to spent time working on the weekend. 
People watching is awesome.  I sometimes wonder if people ever get tired "trying" too look a certain way ... don't they feel like they are constantly playing the part of a hippy or punk rocker etc.   I don't think that I really have any specific style...I don't think that dressing a certain way actually defines my identity ... talking and laughing defines who I am :)
Girls like to gossip. 
A few of us got together last night to drink, play games and gossip.  Lets just say that drinking and gossiping won out ... although we did play catch-phrase for about 15 min.
Climbing people really only talk about climbing and they really only have friends who climb or they try to get their non climbing friends to start climbing.  I will never "fit in" to the climbing community ... but I really do enjoy doing it.  I am trying to figure out a way where I can climb, have fun, and not be horribly intimidated by other climbers.  
I should climb outside more this summer.  I should also climb more peaks :).
It's almost summer in Fort Collins.  I can't wait!
I put up with Fort Collins in the winter, because I know how amazing it is to live here in the summer.  


1 comment:

Unknown said...

i totally relate to the one where you monopolize the conversation because you're loud and get overexcited, but you don't want to monopolize it. i need to work on not doing that too.

plus, i just start rambling and sound extremely stupid when i do that!