Sunday, April 26, 2009

Relaxation

When you spend all week working your ass off 12+ hours a day.  You really learn to appreciate "down time".  This weekend I had to drive back up to Fort Collins from Colorado Springs to pick up my car.  I am fairly positive my insurance company is going to drop me from my plan and it is stressing me out, but I am trying not to let it get to me too too much.  Anyway I came up Friday night and I had a nice relaxing dinner with Anna and Chris.  Yummy grilled chicken and veggies.  Then saturday I slept in pretty late (and boy did I need that), picked up my car from the body shop, and spent most of the afternoon reading/grading at cafe ardour.  Grading is definitely one of the most challenging parts of teaching here ... I hope that it gets easier/better with time!  Then I went over to Sarah's house to watch Milk, eat popcorn and gossip.  Milk was pretty good, I have no idea why my dad hated it so much.  Today (sunday) I slept in again, then I walked to a nearby coffee shop did some reading for class and had breakfast.  I hope that this summer I'll walk over to this coffee shop more often, It was really nice!  I have to say that the one of the worst parts of teaching down in CC is that its so incredibly lonely.  In some ways it is nice that I don't really have any distractions, but at the same time I don't really have anyone to talk to :(.  I always feel better about myself when I am working hard and getting a lot done ... but I have a tendency to let work control my life.  Working alone in CC, I am definitely allowing work to control my life :(.

On a completely different note, I am making plans (big plans) to stop driving my car in Fort Collins this summer.  Of course there will be instances when I have to drive my car, but as far as work, softball and drinking go, I am done with Sally (my car's name).  I am going to head over to a local bike shop (not sure which one yet) and get a rack for the back of my bike so that I can strap my backpack to my bike, and then I am done with cars!! Woohoo.


No comments: