Thursday, April 9, 2009

i-dating + random things

So it turns out that this whole "internet" dating thing is not as exciting or fun as you might thing it would be.
I spent a whole lot of time stressing/worrying/fretting about how to fill out my profile etc. And week(s) later I finally get things set up ... and well I must have done something wrong ...
Within the first oh 30 seconds of setting up my profile, I got an offer to "play dirty games" ... an offer I refused (BTW).
Then I spent a bit of time looking at my "matches" none of whom really stood out to me as being particularly awesome ... so I finally decided to message a couple of people who seemed OK, but were maybe a bit too old for me and/or lived in Boulder.

These people have yet to respond.

Then I got a couple of messages from people who were not particularly interesting ... but one guy did decided to send me about 12 messages ... none of which I have responded to, so he seems to have gotten a clue.
Maybe I am a bitch ...maybe not, but this internet dating thing is a whole lot less "glamorous" than people make it out to be, thats for sure (then again maybe I just live in Fort Collins, where the boys are freaking lazy and everyone seems to be "happy" being single and lame, or they are married)  From this whole (week long) experience, I waver between feeling utterly lame and utterly apathetic ... I saw this post on "postsecret.com" last week which said "Internet dating made me realize that I would rather be alone" ... anyway random person, i totally understand.

Besides my lame stupid adventures in internet dating ... I've just been working on preparing for the class I am teaching at CC and I've been dreading getting ready to teach the next (oh and last) IDL course.  I think I am going to take a page from Kate's book and just be super brief, do a couple of examples and call it a day.  I don't have time to obsess about this crap anymore!!


2 comments:

Mimi said...

I'm not sure where you got the idea that internet dating was 'glamorous' ;), but I actually know quite a few people who have actually had good experiences with it. Just give it a bit more time :)

Rachel said...

I am bored with it already ... I could probably change my profile etc. but I feel like people here are just boring ... I am not upset by internet dating issues ... I am just pretty apathetic.