Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Things I should be doing

First of all I would like to say that I am extremely tired ... despite getting a whole lot of sleep.

List of things I should be accomplishing at the moment:

1) Planning for the IDL course I am teaching in a few weeks
2) Planning for the climate change course that I am teaching in a couple of months
3) Figuring out what my PhD research is going to be about
4) Preparing for meeting with Jonathan Overpeck on Thursday
5) Planning for my trip to Australia!!!
6) Blogging about my trip to Israel so that I actually remember it someday ... 

List of things that I am actually doing at the moment

1) Obsessing about cute boys
2) Facebook stalking
3) Buying used books online
4) Spending obscene amounts of money on material goods 
5) Blogging about stupid things like this
6) looking up recipes

and the list could go on.

I hate when I am incapable of  being productive, but I come to work anyway and sit here wasting away the day ... I would probably be better of at home reading a good book and going for a run or something, but instead I waste my life procrastinating on the internet ... ugh :(
6

2 comments:

Mimi said...

I wonder what it would have been like to be a graduate student *before* the internet (shudder). :P

Rachel said...

oh god ... we probably would have had to actually work????