Wednesday, February 4, 2009

2009 and more

I've been inspired by Anna's most recent blog post ... I too have about a million things that I want to accomplish this year.  Before moving to Colorado, I always thought that it was silly that people made "bucket lists" or "everything I want to do before I die" lists, but now that I have been living here for a few years, and hanging out with all the crazy people i've met in CO ... I have about a million different lists.  Some things are of course completely impractical ... others are maybe things that I could actually get done this year if I put my mind to it ... the real problem that I face is that there are too many things in the world that I want to do and not enough time or money ... argh

So here is a list of things that I want to accomplish this year ... they are subdivided into work and play 


Work
1.  Figure out my PhD research ... hopefully i'll find something that I am passionate about again :)
2. Finish my prelims ... and pass :)
3. Become more involved with local climate change issues 
4. Stay involved in drought issues even if I stop studying drought academically ... 
5. Teach a 4 week course on climate change at Colorado College
6. Teach a 4 week course on IDL ... can someone say BORING???
7. Make and maintain academic relationships outside of CSU ... to help in the act of getting a real job one day :)

Play
1. Run a half marathon
2. Start enjoying yoga, again
3. Visit Laura in Australia and do something crazy while I am there ... :)
4. Visit Marie in Denmark!
5. Take spanish language classes and stop being scared of speaking to people in spanish
6. Go on a real date ... with someone I actually like ... who is not unhealthy for me
7. Start actually backpacking with Michelle :) (or whoever wants to go with me)
8. Finally hike up Longs Peak
9. Be able to ski blues comfortably, and blacks with only a little bit of fear :)

Ok so thats probably enough ... other things that I would like to do in the not so distant future include ...

1. Climb Kilimanjaro
2. Be able to climb 5.10 outside ... and not be freaked out by leading
3. Go to Peru 
4. Move to a developing country and work with kids ... teaching etc.  

1 comment:

Anna said...

Haha, you are very list-oriented lately. :)
You are going to have a great year! I'm so glad you are officially going to Australia now! And I hope we both get to do that half marathon!