Sunday, November 23, 2008

freezing freaking cold

So last week I accidentally left my oven on broil for 13 hrs ... I woke up to an 80 degree sauna in my apartment and it felt great.  I am a little scared to see my next electrical bill ... but i am 99% positive I will never do that again.  

I have been avoiding turning on my heat this year ... but tonight when I came home it was only 57 degrees so I finally caved in and turned it on ... unfortunately other than making my apartment smell funny for 10-15 min ... nothing happened ... the heating vents did not warm up or send any heat into my apartment and it is still 57 degrees.  It is hard to type/work because my hands keep getting too cold.

To make myself feel better I made stuffed bell peppers, home made mac and cheese and a salad for dinner ... no wonder I gain weight during winter :)

I am getting excited about spending thanksgiving in a yurt with everyone ... look for some pictures later this week!

No comments: