Thursday, March 18, 2010

Finally ... I know ;)

So as many of you know I am not very good at posting to this blog ... I don't know why I guess it just takes too much energy to try and organize my thoughts into something someone else could follow. I've pretty much been in an amazingly good mood since I passed my prelims on Feb 3rd. Turns out I am not a failure, and maybe ... just maybe I could actually be a decent atmospheric scientist.

During that whole crazy process I started internet dating again in order to try and keep my mind off the impending doom of the potential failure that could have been (but fortunately didn't come to fruition). Anyway, through this internet dating process ... I practiced learning how to say "no" and how to actually decide what I want for myself :) After a number of extremely awkward experiences (some good awkward, some bad awkward ... one which resulted in me having to buy some guy dinner ... ugh)... I think that maybe I have met someone who I want to get get know better. Those of you know me know that I tend to over analyze things to the point of ruining any good experience, but I am trying to find my counselors advice and just "live this experience"

So yeah ... I am happy and dating and its probably extremely annoying to half the people in my life, but oh well. I am just hoping that after all the "work" i've done the past few months trying to figure out what I want and figure out who I am ... when things start to go south again I can actually handle the situation better and things won't get as bad as they were before!

Lets see ... I've also been TAing an introduction to climate change course ... its been going OK ... lots and lots of work, but I guess that eventually I do want to teach so this is a good experience :)

I also just bought this necklace :) ... hopefully it turns out to be cute! If you don't know about Etsy.com you should!!!!!

And finally, I am really enjoying listening to Noah and the Whale today ... check them out :)

3 comments:

Amy said...

Yay for an update! Sounds like things are going really well for you... and I love etsy too :). Update more often!

Mimi said...

I second the hooray for an update, although I more or less know what's going on without the blog ;) That necklace is cute! I like the nest one, too.

Rachel said...

Yeah ... I am going to *try* and post here more often. But I guess if I know that you guys are reading I'll feel a bit more encouraged to write!