Tuesday, August 18, 2009

funny emails

So today I got this email at work


From: Bill Jack

Sales,

I am Bill Jack, I am mailing you to order some of your products and I will want it shipped to our place as follows :


Shipping Address:
341-45, Dangni-dong,
Saha-gu, Busan 604-831
Republic of Korea


So i hope to hear from you soon regarding my inquiry and to know where i can view your products you have presently in stock and if there is any special pricing i need to know about. Lastly

regarding payment i will be sending you my credit card to charge for my order to avoid delays but can you let me know the type of credit cards you accept?

I hope to hear from you as soon as possible.
Regards.

NOTE IN TERMS OF SHIPPING THAT CAN BE ARRANGED WITH THE RIGHT SHIPPING COMPANY AND PAPER WORK



Since I clearly don't have anything better to do ... i looked up the address and it turns out to be a real place ... at a university. So I can't figure out what the scam is ... they are going to send me their credit card info ... so that I can send them "supplies"???

What is going on???

3 comments:

Mimi said...

You should totally take some pictures of pens and paper on your desk at work and send that as your 'inventory' and see what happens. That is so weird.

TBone101 said...

I googled the same information you did when I received a similar request, and found your blog. The scam is stolen credit card is run for a rather large amount, and he has you also charge an extra fee that you will wire through Western Union to his "shipping agent". Of course the credit card company will at some point refuse payment, and your company is out the wired money.

I actually strung along this guy "John Cox" for days, making him give up more and more information with the hopes that I could report them to somebody.

Cheers!

TBone
My company www.shadowtracker.net

Rachel said...

Wow ... its crazy the scams people do ... thanks for the update, I hope that these guys are caught some day!