Thursday, February 28, 2008

Bridget Jones anyone?

I've been thinking about this quote from Bridget Jones' Diary lately...

"At times like this, continuing with one's life seems impossible ... and eating the entire contents of one's fridge seems inevitable.  I have two choices: to give up and accept permanent state of spinsterhood and eventually be eaten by wild dogs... or not, and this time i choose not.  I will not be defeated by a bad man and an American stick insect!  Instead, i choose vodka. And Chaka Khan."

Only in my case it reads:

"At times like this, continuing with one's life seems impossible ... and eating the entire contents of one's fridge seems inevitable.  I have two choices: to give up and accept permanent state of poor graduate studentness and eventually be eaten by wild dogs... or not, and this time i choose not.  I will not be defeated by my advisor and an awful thesis topic!  Instead, i choose vodka. And Andrew Bird."

Ok so maybe that is a little extreme, but lately I have been feeling like eating the entire contents of my fridge ... only I really don't have any food.   And I really would rather be drinking than thinking about drought over the Great Plains, but probably I would choose a good stout or porter.  And my love life is pretty much nonexistent, unless you count cuddling with my roommates cat and having a 2 hour allergy attack.  So, Bridget Jones, I totally understand you!!!


No comments: